WHAT IS DIFFERENT ABOUT RUNNING COACHING, PILATES AND REHABILITATION AT LIME?
We are your one stop shop for physiotherapy, run coaching and pilates for runners. If you need help with a niggling running injury, are coming back to running after a break, would like help with your technique or are just starting with running for the first time, this is the place for you!
- Full running assessment (including video analysis) to address biomechanical issues related to your current or previous injuries.
- Run specific core strengthening and Pilates to rehabilitate faster and remain injury free.
- Personalised programs to help you return to running safely and effectively post injury.
- Ongoing guidance to achieve your goals – be it a 5km fun run, competing in a marathon, or more!
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
The first appointment involves an assessment of your current running history including any injuries, training load, footwear and current goals. Your run-specific strength and flexibility may also be assessed. A video run technique analysis may also be recommended but requires another appointment due to the in depth nature of the assessment.
Treatment can include:
- Manual therapy
- Training load advice
- Footwear advice
- Run technique analysis and advice
- Personalised exercise programs to help you return to running after injury
- One on one run specific pilates and group pilates classes
Run technique Assessment:
This involves a full video assessment and analysis (usually done outdoors). At the end of the session you will have:
- Key points to improve your run technique for your specific goals (injury recovery or prevention, improved run efficiency)
- Drills and exercises to help you to achieve these goals
- Any information that you need to take back to your coach or trainer
OUR RUNNING PHYSIOTHERAPIST CAN HELP YOU WITH:
Running Injuries including:
- Patellofemoral pain (runner’s knee)
- ITB pain
- Hip and lower back pain
- Foot and ankle pain
Running Technique Analysis and Correction:
- Full video run technique analysis
- Exercises and drills to help you improve your running technique
- Individual strengthening program to help maximise your running efficiency
WHAT ELSE COULD HELP ME?
At Lime Physical Therapy we also draw on the experience and ability of our colleagues and offer the following services to compliment your Phsiotherapy treatment:
We realise that everyone is different and we strive to find the best solution for you.
Key Benefits of Physiotherapy
After seeing our Physiotherapist, you will:
Have clear information on the problem you are experiencing
Have advice on how to help settle your condition at home
Have an exercise program to improve your problem
Have manual therapy to ease your symptoms as required
Have an idea of the expected outcomes for your problem
GET IN TOUCH