HOW DOES PHYSIOKEY THERAPY WORK IN THE BODY?
The Physiokey (and previously the SCENAR) devices work through your skin (transdermal). They use computer-modulated, electrical impulses to stimulate your brain (electroneuro-stimulator). The brain responds with it’s own signal which is picked up by the devices.
These devices then interpret the brain’s response and modifies its next impulse back to the brain to work at restoring balance to the body (This is called active reflex biofeedback). The brain, in turn, sends a modified response (and so on) until equilibrium is achieved (homeostasis).
During this ‘conversation’ of constantly varying electrical frequencies and waveforms, the brain also instructs the nervous system to generate Neuropeptides (the key biochemicals needed by your body to heal itself – the body’s own pharmacy). This is what the body was designed to do.
After an injury or onset of disease the communication system between the brain and the affected body part can ‘break down’ or ‘get used to’ the signal from that body part. The brain begins to accept the abnormal signal as “Normal”. This is a reason why many conditions become chronic and unresponsive to treatment. Physiokey therapy breaks the body out of this habit and restore correct communication resulting in effective and more complete healing.
The electrical pulses from these devices have been specifically designed to contain numerous random features to prevent your body from ‘adapting’ to the stimulation and to help the body continue the healing process to its completion.
Because of its unique, computer controlled biofeedback capabilities and ability to stimulate Neuropeptide generation, Physiokey therapy achieve excellent healing results.
Physiokey is very different from other electrotherapy instruments such as TENS or Electroacupuncture. TENS units are mainly used to provide pain relief. Electroacupuncture instruments have a broader range of application, but they lack any bio-feedback capability.
BENEFITS OF PHYSIOKEY THERAPY
Physiokey therapy used at LIME may produce the following results:
- Can be used to help treat any type of pain or physical dysfunction
- Can treat both acute and chronic conditions
- Quality of life and sleep patterns can be improved
- Uses the body’s own healing capabilities
- Encourages the body to self regulate
- Active reflex biofeedback means fullest healing can be achieved
- Is non-specific and can be used regardless of your diagnosis
- No possibility of over-dosing
- Little or no side-affects
- Methods based on 25 years of clinical research
Due to the way Physiokey therapy works, it can be used to treat many conditions of the body. It works to help the body heal itself more effectively than the body is able to do unassisted.
PHYSIOKEY CAN BE USED TO ASSIST IN THE TREATMENT OF
- Acute pain – fast relief from acute pain such as back pain, neck pain, headaches, muscular and joint pain
- Chronic pain – back pain, neck pain, headaches, muscular and joint pain
- Musculoskeletal pain and dysfunction
- Sports injuries
- Respiratory conditions
- Gastrointestinal conditions
- Fatigue/low energy conditions. Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Skin conditions/wound healing and scar tissue
INTERESTED IN PHYSIOKEY THERAPY?
GET IN TOUCH